Tooth decay, congenital dental problems, or even facial trauma can leave people with damaged teeth and disfigured smiles, putting patients in a precarious situation. Oftentimes, patients wonder if they should opt for traditional dentures or partial bridges. Patients also wonder if they should invest in dental implants, a procedure that can take months to complete. Fortunately, modern dental technology has offered a solution: Teeth in a Day, which we offer to patients in Phoenix, AZ.
What Are Teeth In A Day?
With traditional dental implants, a periodontist or implant dentist typically replaces a missing tooth with a dental implant. The “Teeth in a Day” procedure, also known as “All-on-4” or “Same Day Teeth,” is a dental implant treatment designed to replace a full arch of missing teeth in a single day.
As a certified periodontist, Dr. Trujillo has years of experience caring for patients with the most extreme dental issues. Dr. Trujillo has placed thousands of dental implants in addition to removing and repairing tooth decay and stopping gum disease. Over the years, Dr. Trujillo has helped his patients achieve the smile of their dreams.
After a careful medical exam that includes 3D images of your teeth, gums, and underlying bone tissue, Dr. Trujillo talks with you about your candidacy for the Teeth-in-a-Day procedure. If you are a candidate, the procedure is scheduled. To create your new smile, Dr. Trujillo uses the renderings of your teeth and molds taken from your mouth to fabricate new teeth.
The Teeth in a Day Procedure
The process typically involves the following steps:
- Initial Consultation:
- A comprehensive examination of your oral health, including X-rays and impressions, is conducted to assess your eligibility for the procedure.
- Treatment Planning:
- The dentist collaborates with Dr. Trujillo to create a customized treatment plan based on your specific needs and oral condition.
- If there are any remaining teeth in the arch, they may be extracted during this phase.
- Implant Placement:
- Dental implants, usually four in total, are strategically placed in the jawbone. These implants serve as anchors for the prosthetic teeth.
- Temporary Prosthesis:
- A temporary set of teeth is attached to the implants on the same day of the surgery. These temporary teeth allow you to have functional teeth immediately while the implants integrate with the jawbone.
- Healing Period:
- Over the next few months, the implants undergo a process called osseointegration, during which they fuse with the jawbone.
- Final Prosthesis:
- Once the implants are fully integrated, a permanent, custom-made set of teeth is created. This can be a fixed bridge or a removable overdenture, depending on the specific case.
- Follow-Up Appointments:
- Regular check-ups are scheduled to monitor the healing process, adjust the prosthetics, and ensure the overall success of the procedure.
It’s important to note that the specifics of the Teeth in a Day procedure may vary based on individual cases and the preferences of the dental professionals performing the treatment. Additionally, advancements in dental technology and techniques may lead to variations in the procedure over time.
Benefits of Teeth In A Day
The Teeth-in-a-Day procedure has multiple benefits. However, the biggest reason most patients opt for the procedure is to avoid the months of waiting required during normal dental implant placement. Although the procedure still takes two visits to plan and then to place the implants, patients won’t be faced with weeks of posts and healing caps.
The dental implants used in the Teeth in a Day procedure are also incredibly realistic, mimicking the natural color and opacity of your existing teeth. Dental implants also prevent further bone loss, help to restore chewing function, and are easier to care for than dentures.
If you are interested in the Teeth in a Day procedure and want to learn more please contact us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Trujillo. We can’t wait to talk to you and help you gain a brighter healthier smile!
Schedule A Consultation Today!
Call Dr. Trujillo today for a consultation to see if Teeth in a Day is right for you. Dr. Trujillo is one of the best periodontists and implant dentists in Phoenix, AZ.