What We’re Doing To Keep You Safe & Healthy
Thank you for being a valued part of our practice. We appreciate your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of use are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control ahs always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
We are very grateful for the personal relationships we have created with all of our patients and are saddened to say that at this time we must keep our conversations with you to a minimum. Please excuse us for not being as “chatty” as normal. We must keep a steady flow in the office for all patients in order to keep everyone safe and healthy.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 602-459-9617 or click here.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team:
- Sanitize: In addition to our standard disinfection processes, we will sanitize all areas with the help of a fogging machine and a nontoxic solution (chemical free). Fogging will be done twice daily, once during the lunch hour and again at closing.
- Air Purifying: All rooms have had an Air Purifying System with UV-C Light and HEPA filter added.
- Social Distancing: Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We have reduced the number of patients we see daily. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Scheduling: We ask that patients not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to their appointment. If you do arrive early, please wait outside of our suite in the main building or in your car. This allows us to safely practice social distancing in our reception area and prevent overcrowding.
- Face Masks: If you have a face mask available, please wear it when you come to the office.
- Single Person Appointments: For the time being, we must request that all patients come alone for their appointments. There are only two exceptions to this rule: 1. If the patient requires a legal guardian due to age (minor or elderly); 2. If the patient has a handicap which requires assistance.
- Drivers Remain In Their Cars: If you are undergoing IV sedation, please have your driver remain in their car for the duration of the visit, and we will call him or her when it would be appropriate to enter the office.
- Screening: Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Hand sanitizer & Tempurature check: Upon arriving to your appointment, our front desk will first provide hand sanitizer for your use and then take your temperature.
- No Cell Phones: Please do not use your cell phone in the office at all. This can quickly cause cross contamination once you have sanitized your hands. We understand emergencies, so please use your best judgement.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. Please be sure we have your current email and cell phone number on file because through all of this we have learned those platforms are the most efficient way for use to stay in contact with you about any new changes.
Our experience has always been exceptional. Dr. Trujillo is a periodontal artist. Everyone on the team is welcoming and professional. The Arizona Periodontal Group is highly recommended.